Monday, December 29, 2008

Mud Pie 101

We were at long last able to get out of the house today. It was finally warmish enough and dry enough for a real outing. I grabbed the toddlers, and their tricycles, some snacks, tissues, emergency diaper, water, towel, extra clothes, jackets, hats, --- you know just a few odds and ends and headed out to the park. We live on a hill so the kids don't have a lot of space to ride. I unloaded the trikes and expected them to ride them wildly with glee. But this is what happened:

However, they were almost immediately drawn to the piles and clumps of mud scattered throughout the park. Guess who noticed them first?



Yeah, Reggie is a big fan of mud, dirt, sand, puddles (only if muddy) and as mentioned before candy canes. He immediately set to work on two experiments: 1) Will mud stick to a tree (which immediately led to a sub experiment -- will mud stick to my sister, and 2) How long can I squish this before Mama makes me stop. Peyton was happy to assist in his endeavors. Although her squishing of the mud included singing and some mention of Cinderella --- they were pretty much on the same page.






2 comments:

Ralph's Rib said...

You are such a good mom to let your kids have fun getting dirty! Whatever the kids get into will probably just wash off in the tub anyway. I actually keep trash bags in the car to line the car seats with for the ride home - unless it's so bad that they must be stripped to the underwear and covered with a blanket!

Pielstick said...

Jenny- You are an amazing mom. I know both Peyton and Reggie loved playing in the mud. When we visited my Grandma in Washington she would always get out big spoons and promptly take all 3 of my girls to the backyard to dig in the dirt. I remember (with great fondness) just sitting on her swing with her, talking and watching them dig and dig and dig some more. Such fun!

Slideshow